The Canadian Herb Society (CHS) is a national non-profit association which was founded to provide accurate information, education, networking, and representation for all those with an interest in herbs. It offers an organizational umbrella for special interests of herb enthusiasts and a forum for the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
The Society has a mandate to provide a focus for the diverse interests and herbal traditions of Canadians in order to share knowledge and promote the cultivation, use, and enjoyment of herbs.
CHS membership benefits include:
- Quarterly journal (Herbs at Home)
- Web site
- Membership and resource directories
- Educational references
- Meetings and other special events
The Canadian Herb Society is a Society of herb enthusiasts founded to share knowledge and promote the cultivation, use, and enjoyment of herbs.
- To form a nation-wide organization to provide accurate information, education, and representation for all those with an interest in herbs.
- To foster education and research on herbs at every level rom general interest to professional.
- To foster ethical and environmental awareness among members and to promote preservation and conservation of herbal resources.
- To pursue the highest possible standards of ethics and integrity in all that the society undertakes.
- To work cooperatively with other herb associations world-wide to establish an international network of herb enthusiasts.
- To encourage membership from a wide group of people with an interest in herbs.